“The most important factor in reaching expected levels in English and Maths at age 11 was children’s language skills at age 5”
Save the Children – 2016
Speech & Language Therapy Services for Schools
A Flexible School Speech Therapy Service
With 20 years experience of planning, delivering and reviewing services into Mainstream Schools, Special Schools and a Speech and Language resource centre, I am well placed to consult and implement your school’s unique Speech and Language Therapy service.
Linking into whole school improvement plans, policies & philosophies, I work relentlessly to use my skills, knowledge and experience to meet your individual needs. From whole class and joint teaching opportunities, to bespoke training and demonstration sessions to mentor and develop the skills of staff, to direct work and support for children with complex learning needs; my flexible and responsive approach is centred around the requirements of your school.
I am able to use my experiences of working in a range of educational settings to support processes such as the assess, plan, do, review cycle, onward referrals and providing evidence for further funding applications.
The passion to establish good practice for all children in the classroom, particularly those with speech, language and communication needs, underpins the interventions and opportunites which are available to you, your school, your staff and your pupils.
School Service Strategies
Examples of 3 levels of engagement to suit your school’s SLT requirements
Communication Friendly Classrooms
Training packages designed to introduce good practice presented through training sessions and/or whole class demonstrations and joint teaching looking at:
- Attention and Listening
- Auditory Memory
- Understanding the language of the classroom
- Vocabulary development linked to the curriculum
- Processing sounds for speech and literacy development
- Supporting language for narrative
Tailored Support for SLCN Children
Detailed training and support for primary and secondary children with SLCN and children not achieving at expected levels.
Looking at evidence based practice and linking to individual needs of staff and their classroom using:
- Psycholinguistic framework
- Colour coding to support receptive and expressive language in terms of content and structure
- Information Carrying Words and Blank Levels
Individual Assessment and Support
Short and long term pieces of work concentrating on the assessment, management and review of individual children with specific SLCN and/or complex learning needs:
- Formal & Informal Assessment – linking into the classroom and teacher assessments
- Collaborative target setting with use of interventions
- Specialist therapy strategies and techniques delivered on 1-2-1 or small group basis
- Working alongside and up-skilling of key staff
- Review of targets and evaluation of outcomes
- Written summary of management to support evidence for onward referrals and applications
Clear Speech Therapy works with you to evaluate your school’s needs and to design a speech and language therapy service.
Clear Speech offers our services on an hourly, half or full day basis. Short and long term solutions are available from summer term, 2021.
How much does it cost?
We are a flexible and responsive service with costs and structures to meet any budget and need. We have a pricing structure and would be pleased to discuss it with you in detail alongside a conversation to understand your school’s needs.
Ready to Start?
Speak to Sarah about your school’s therapy service. Call 07970 102674 or click below…